Check-out dates for the current academic year can be found in the Housing Calendar.
Check-out will be within 24 hours of a student's final exam or by 12 noon on the published Check-Out date, whichever is earlier. The room must be left in the same condition as it was received; any damaged or missing items will be billed to the resident. Belongings left behind in rooms after the occupancy period shall be deemed abandoned and may be disposed of by the University. Students may be charged for additional cleaning required or for the removal of abandoned or damaged property.
Check-Out related fees and charges include, but are not limited to:
- $15 for each unreturned hard key and $50 for lock changes
- $100 for the first hour after the scheduled Check-Out time and $50 for each additional hour. This includes late Check-Out using Web Check-Out via the Housing Portal.
- Charges for additional cleaning, if required
- Charges for replacing or repairing missing or damaged furnishings, fixtures, or appliances
- Charges for removal of abandoned or damaged property
- Charges for any conditions not recorded in the original WIR.
All fees will be charged to the resident’s student account.
If you have any questions, please contact the Hartley Hospitality Desk.
A resident will be recorded as having checked out only after completing the following:
- Remove all personal property and refuse from the space
- Complete the WIR
- Notify their RA of impending check out
- Return all issued room or suite keys (applies only to residents of Hartley and Woodbridge Halls) to the key box at the Guard Desk or the Hartley Hospitality Desk
- Complete web Check-Out via the Housing Portal or at the Hartley Hospitality Desk