Please be aware that due to changes in processes related to COVID-19 that the information on this page may be subject to change. Any changes will be communicated as they arise.
- Check-Out dates are published in the Housing calendar.
- Fees are assessed for late Check-Out.
- Complete online maintenance requests to resolve issues in your room.
- Pack and remove all personal belongings from your room, kitchen, and common areas: double-check drawers, closets, and corners carefully. Items left behind in the room will be discarded.
- Do not leave personal belongings in the hallway unattended. If you need to store your belongings for the summer months, refer to the storage page in the Guide to Living for a list of local vendors.
- Remove all trash to designated locations. Trash bags will be made available. Trash chutes are closed during Check-Out. Additional information will be provided via email closer to check-out.
- Clean and sweep/vacuum your room, suite, kitchens, and common areas, where applicable.
- Remove message boards, door tags, posters, and tape from your door(s) and walls.
- Close and lock your door and windows.
- Use Web Check-Out in the Housing Portal. If you are planning to check-out early, visit the Hartley Hospitality Desk.
If you have any questions, be sure to consult the Check-Out procedures outlined in the Guide to Living or contact Housing in person at the Hospitality Desk, by email, or phone at 212-854-2779.
If you need help packing, and/or need to have your belongings stored for the summer months or shipped to you, please refer to the storage page in the Guide to Living.
Special Access During Check-Out
To facilitate Check-Out, the East Campus B3 Level Entrance and Amsterdam Avenue via the Hartley-Wallach Gate will be accessible to residents. Dates and times that these entrances will be open will be posted here when available.
Bins will be available via the Hartley Hospitality Desk for Check-Out and can be borrowed for 2 hours at a time.
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Bins should be returned to Hartley when you are done. Please consult the Guide to Living for complete policy information concerning moving bins.
Residents are financially responsible for any damages, missing items, or unsatisfactory conditions in their room. Review the Damage/Vandalism section of the Guide to Living for additional information and a listing of all damage charges. Damage charges are assessed based on inspections carried out by Resident Advisers and an evaluation of the state of the room or suite relative to the Room Inventory Report completed by student(s) at the beginning of the residency period.