- Music practice rooms in basement
- Faculty-in-residence: Samuel Roberts, Associate Professor of History and of Sociomedical Sciences
- 17th floor study lounge has beautiful view of Hudson River
- Short walk to subway line 1 and Morton Williams Supermarket
- About the first-floor Stephen Donaldson Lounge:
- On September 27, more than 100 students, faculty, staff and alumni gathered in Schapiro Hall to celebrate the opening of a new lounge for LGBTQ+ students and to commemorate the anniversary of the dedication of the original Stephen Donaldson Lounge in Furnald Hall. Both the original and the new space are named in honor of “Stephen Donaldson,” the alias of Robert Martin ’69, who founded Columbia’s then-named Student Homophile League in 1966. In 1971, students began unofficially meeting in the Furnald basement and, in 1972, the group lobbied for and was granted a permanent meeting space, making it the first LGBTQ+ student lounge on a college campus. In 1996, the Furnald space was renamed the Stephen Donaldson Lounge.
- Shared – Separate men’s and women’s per floor. Accessible restroom per floor.
- Free laundry facility in basement
- No carpet
- Shared – Per floor
- Kitchen Lounge – Per floor with cable TV
- Building Lounge – Ground floor
- Study Lounge – 17th floor
- Not available. Visit the Fitness Center Locations page for the locations of exercise equipment in our residence halls.
- Available – 1st floor
- Bathrooms – Daily, Monday - Friday
- Kitchens – Daily, Monday - Friday
- Trash Removal (Room/Suite) – Resident responsibility
- Recycling - Weekly
What former residents say:
“Schapiro is equipped with excellent amenities – carpet flooring, a common lounge, a kitchen, adequate bathrooms, music rooms, and of course the sky lounge! Schapiro had a lovely off-campus feel for me, which was a good break from the intensities of on-campus first-year living.”