John Jay Hall
- John Jay Dining Hall, JJ's Place, and Columbia Health Medical Services are located in the building
- Expansive views of Morningside Campus, the Hudson River, and the historic Harlem neighborhood
- Located in the heart of campus
- Easy access to the Columbia Housing Hospitality Desk
- First-Year Rates
- Inside campus near 114th Street and Amsterdam Avenue
Number of residential floors:
Single/Double rooms within suites:
- 395 singles
- 36 doubles
- Shared single-occupant bathrooms
- Free laundry facility in basement
- A large building lounge is available on the main level
- A floor lounge equipped with cable TV service and a microwave is available on each floor
Computer Lab & Print Station:
- Available on main level
- Available on the first floor
Cleaning Responsibility & Schedule:
- Bathrooms: Daily, Monday - Friday, by Facilities
- Kitchen: Daily, Monday - Friday, by Facilities
- Trash: Residents are responsible for bringing their own trash to designated trash receptacles
- Recycling: Daily, Monday - Friday, by Facilities
What Former Residents Say:
“With over 40 First-Years from all over the world bringing their talents to my floor, there was never a shortage of activity—whether it was working on a problem set together, going to Times Square, checking out a museum exhibit, or finding a group to chow down with in the dining hall. I also loved being able to go to JJ's Place in my pajamas late at night!"
"My first-year experience in John Jay shaped my Columbia experience. It seemed every door was open each night with eager, bright people ready to make the most of college and NYC. I have 11th floor pride."
"Having a single as a first-year in an all first-year hall gave me the privacy I needed as well as the social element of residence hall life. People would leave their doors open and stop in to talk all the time. The floor camaraderie built throughout the year lasts all through your four years here and, as a senior, I can say that some of my closest friends were my floor mates. It's also great having the dining hall and JJ's [Place] right in your building!"
Image Carousel with 6 slides
A carousel is a rotating set of images. Use the previous and next buttons to change the displayed slide
Slide 1: A student's room in John Jay Hall
Slide 2: A bronze bust of John Jay on a pedestal in John Jay Lounge.
Slide 3: A view of seating and large screen television in John Jay Lounge.
Slide 4: A view of the large wood and glass doors that open to John Jay Lounge.
Slide 5: The fireplace in John Jay Lounge.
Slide 6: Close up of seating at John Jay Lounge.