Please be aware that due to changes in processes related to COVID-19 that the information on this page may be subject to change. Any changes will be communicated as they arise.
- Check-Out dates are published in the Housing calendar.
- Extensions are not permitted. Fees are assessed for late Check-Out.
- Complete online maintenance requests to resolve issues in your room.
- Pack and remove all personal belongings from your room, kitchen, and common areas: double-check drawers, closets, and corners carefully. Items left behind in the room will be discarded.
- Do not leave personal belongings in the hallway unattended.
- Remove all trash to designated locations (locations provided below.) Trash bags are available from your RA if you need them. Trash chutes are closed during Check-Out so please bring your garbage to the designated areas.
- Clean and sweep/vacuum your room, suite, kitchens, and common areas, where applicable.
- Remove message boards, door tags, posters, and tape from your door(s) and walls.
- Close and lock your door and windows.
- Use Web Check-Out in the Housing Portal. If you are planning to check-out early, visit the Hartley Hospitality Desk during operating hours.
- If you have any questions, be sure to consult the Check-Out procedures outlined in the Guide to Living or contact Housing in person at the Hospitality Desk, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone at 212-854-2946.
If you need help packing, and/or need to have your belongings stored for the summer months or shipped to you, please refer to the storage page in the Guide to Living.
Special Access During Check-Out
To facilitate Check-Out, the East Campus B3 Level Entrance and Amsterdam Avenue via the Hartley-Wallach Gate will be accessible to residents. Dates and times that these entrances will be open will be posted here when available.
Blue Bins for use during Check-Out will be available from the Hartley Hospitality Desk during normal operating hours. Bins can be borrowed for 2 hours at a time and should be returned to the Desk afterwards.
Please consult the Guide to Living for complete policy information concerning moving bins.
Residents are financially responsible for any damages, missing items, or unsatisfactory conditions in their room. Review the Damage/Vandalism section of the Guide to Living for additional information and a listing of all damage charges. Damage charges are assessed based on inspections carried out by Resident Advisers and an evaluation of the state of the room or suite relative to the Web Inventory Report completed by student(s) at the beginning of the residency period.
Garbage Disposal Areas
Garbage will continue to be collected in normal trash service areas. Trash chutes will be open during Check-Out.