Columbia departments may sponsor the cost of a student participating in Spring Extension, Interim, Summer or Fall Early Arrival housing.
Students must be participating in approved programs that may include Commencement activities, Athletics, research, acting as a Summer RA, COOP, CUE, NSOP, ISOP, or WKCR.
If you would like to request a sponsorship for students you must complete the Summer Housing Sponsorship Form. Please contact Frances Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding eligibility, rates and dates.
- Spring Extension: Students may be sponsored for a period after the spring semester ends.
- When approved, the student will receive and email from Columbia Housing requesting they complete the Extended Housing step for the current Academic Year application within the Housing Portal.
- Students may only stay for the period during which they are sponsored. Students participating in Athletics may only stay while they are competing. When no longer competing, the student will lose their sponsorship 24 hours after they return to campus.
- Student accounts will not be charged for the period the student is sponsored.
- Sponsored students for Extension housing that have also applied for non-sponsored Summer Housing will only be charged for the period during which they are not sponsored.
- Spring Interim, Summer, and Fall Interim Housing: Students may be sponsored for the entire summer session with interims or partial periods.
- Students sponsored for Summer Housing must complete a Summer Housing application on the Housing Portal.
- Students sponsored for Summer Housing will not be charged the Summer Housing application fee for the time sponsored. The sponsor will complete the payment.
- Fall Early Arrival: Students may be sponsored for a period before the fall semester begins.
- When approved, the student will receive an email from Columbia Housing requesting they complete the Early Arrival step of the incoming Academic Year application on the Housing Portal. Students may not check-in without completing this step.
- Early Arrival students that arrive prior to their Fall assignment being available will move into a temporary room and will be instructed when they are able to move into their Fall assignment.
- Please make sure Columbia Housing confirms your Sponsored Fall Early Arrival in writing before completing your travel arrangements.
- Students approved for Fall Early Arrival may not request to arrive earlier than their approved check-in date.