Fall Interim Housing
Fall Interim is the period between the end of Summer Session B and the start of Fall Semester, August 17 - September 4. Qualifying students may register for Fall Interim Housing to remain on campus during this period.
Students are considered eligible if they meet the following criteria:
- Currently reside in Columbia or Barnard Housing for the full Summer Term or Summer B
- Registered for on-campus housing for Fall Semester
- Able to relocate to Fall Interim assignment on August 17 and to Fall Term permanent assignment on August 23
If you cancel your Summer B or Fall 2021 Housing, you will no longer be eligible for Fall Interim Housing.
If you currently reside in Summer Housing at Columbia but will reside in Barnard Housing during the fall, you must apply for Fall Interim Housing through Barnard. Furthermore, if you current reside in Summer Housing at Barnard but will reside in Columbia Housing during the fall, you must apply for Fall Interim Housing through the Columbia Housing Portal.
Period and Rates
Fall Interim runs from August 17 through September 4. Students who register for Fall Interim will have $945 billed to their student account.
Students Sponsored for Early Arrival
- If an on-campus group will be sponsoring your Fall Interim Housing, your sponsor is responsible for contacting Columbia Housing to arrange payment. You will not be billed, but you must complete the Fall Interim step of your Summer Housing application on the Housing Portal. Please see instructions below.
- If you are sponsored for Early Arrival and wish to stay on campus from August 17 until your sponsored Early Arrival date, you must complete the Fall Interim step of your Summer Housing application on the Housing Portal and you will only be billed for the dates that the sponsor does not cover. Please see instructions below.
Registration Instructions and Deadline
Fall Interim Housing registration must be completed through the Housing Portal before July 26. There will be no exceptions to the deadline.
- Log into the Housing Portal.
- Click on the "Applications" tab and select "Summer 2021 Term."
- Select "Fall Interim Housing" from the Applications menu at the top.
- Begin the registration and complete the process through the signing step.
Relocation Dates and Times
Relocate to Fall Interim Assignment on August 17
Some students* may be required to move to a temporary assignment for the duration of Fall Interim. The relocation will occur on August 17 between 12:00 and 8:00 p.m. Students do not need to check out prior to relocating. To facilitate relocation, the Broadway street level doors will be accessible to residents on August 17 from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
*Students living in Broadway Hall, 600 W. 113th Street and Carlton Arms do not need to relocate to a temporary assignment.
Relocate to Fall Semester Assignment on August 23
All students will relocate to their fall room assignments on August 23 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Eligibility for Fall Interim Housing is conditional on the ability to relocate on this day. Students will receive additional information from Housing with logistical details in August.
Terms & Conditions
- By registering for Fall Interim housing, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of Residence.
- You may not leave any personal items in the common areas of your Interim assignment, including kitchens, bathrooms, and suite spaces. Items left unattended in common areas will be disposed of, recycled or donated as appropriate during preparation for Fall Semester. Columbia Housing is not responsible for any belongings left in these spaces or unattended.
- Overnight guests are not allowed during the Interim period.
- Between the time of registration and August 17: $100 cancellation fee
- After August 17: students will be billed the full $945 Fall Interim Housing rate; refunds will not be considered at that time.