Policies and Procedures
Please be aware of the following requirements when planning a conference with Columbia Housing:
- A conference group must have Commercial General Liability Insurance of $2,000,000 per occurrence endorsed to include the Trustees of Columbia University in the City of New York.
- A deposit and signed license agreement are required to secure space.
- Guests must be no younger than 14 years of age.
- Adult, live‑in supervision is required for all youth groups with participants under the age of 18. Columbia Housing policy requires one (1) adult, twenty‑one years of age or older, for every six (6) youths in attendance. Suite‑style accommodations require live‑in supervision by one (1) adult per suite reserved.
- Background checks must be completed for all adult supervision arriving with an organization. The organization must be able to provide a completed background check, upon request.
- There is no smoking in the residence halls.
- Overnight guests or pets are not permitted in the residence halls.
- We do not offer accommodations for families with children. Please refer to Off-Campus Accommodations for options.
- Employees and volunteers who interact with, supervise, chaperone, or otherwise oversee minors (under 18) must familiarize themselves with our policy and complete provided training.