Columbia Housing may terminate the Occupancy Agreement and repossess the assigned space for any of the reasons listed below. In such event, the student will be responsible for the weekly room charge through the week on which the effective date of cancellation occurs.
- (i) If the privilege of residing in Columbia Housing residence halls is withdrawn by any duly constituted University disciplinary authority for violation of University rules and regulations; (ii) the space is found to be occupied by anyone other than the authorized resident; (iii) a student otherwise violates any provision within this Occupancy Agreement or in this Guide.
- If the person ceases to meet the eligibility requirements of Eligibility for Residence and Occupancy or takes a leave of absence, graduates, or withdraws for any reason.
- If the University finds such action appropriate for reasons of health, safety, or emergency.
- If Columbia Housing terminates the Occupancy Agreement, the student agrees to vacate the space, follow the Check-Out procedures described under Resident Responsibilities and comply with other Columbia Housing instructions and requests related to Check-Out. If a student fails to comply with such procedures, instructions, and requests, Columbia Housing may repossess the space and take related action, including removing any property remaining in the space, changing the locks and prohibiting the student from entering the building in which the assigned space is located, all to the extent permitted by law. The student will be responsible for Housing costs in taking any of these measures.
- If written notice of cancellation is not received by Columbia Housing prior to the first day of the Occupancy Period, and if Check-In does not occur within a 48 hour period, the Occupancy Agreement will be terminated. In such event, the student will be responsible for payment of a $1,500 charge to cover administrative expenses and other damages to the University; this fee may be waived for students who are withdrawing or taking a leave of absence.