Eligibility and Options
Summer Housing is available to visiting students from any college or university who are enrolled to take courses during the summer sessions at Columbia University with the School of Professional Studies, the School of General Studies, or the Summer Architecture Program.
GS, Barnard, and CC/SEAS students with non-guaranteed housing status are also eligible for Summer Housing as visiting students, but must be enrolled in summer session classes.
Students must be 18 years of age or older and enrolled in courses for the summer. High school students are not eligible for summer housing (this includes students who were accepted into the class of 2020). However, high school students can apply for the High School Program through the School of Professional Studies.
Residences to which visiting students are assigned include Schapiro Hall, Harmony Hall and 600 West 113th Street. All buildings are air-conditioned during the summer and are located within walking distance to anywhere at Columbia, the vibrant Morningside Heights neighborhood, and transportation to all areas of NYC. Visit these pages for more information on the amenities that each building offers.
- Furniture: a twin extra-long bed, a desk, a desk chair, a dresser, either an armoire or a closet, and shelves
- Air-conditioning during the summer
- 24-hour security guard coverage
- Complimentary wireless access
- Complimentary internet terminals in building lobbies
- Communal kitchens with a stove and microwave
- Access to lounge areas
- On-site free laundry facilities
- Linens (size twin XL)
- Laundry detergent and other cleaning supplies
- Plates, pots, and utensils
- Computer or laptop (optional)
- Mini-refrigerator (optional)