Eligibility and Options
Summer Housing is available to students over the age of 18 who plan to enroll in ALP (American Language Program) Summer Institute courses through the School of Professional Studies. Columbia Housing does not offer accommodations to married couples or families with children, or to ALP students enrolled during the academic year. For ALP housing options during the academic year, please visit University Apartment Housing.
Residents are assigned to an air-conditioned room in one of three corridor-style buildings: and receive their assignments upon check-in. Residences to which ALP students are assigned include Schapiro Hall, Harmony Hall, and 600 West 113th Street. All buildings are located on or near campus and within walking distance to anywhere at Columbia, the vibrant Morningside Heights neighborhood, and transportation to all areas of NYC. Visit these pages for more information on the amenities that each building offers.
- Furniture: a twin extra-long bed, a desk, a desk chair, a dresser, either an armoire or a closet, and shelves
- 24-hour security guard coverage
- Complimentary wireless access
- Complimentary internet terminals in building lobbies
- Small communal kitchens with an oven and stove
- Access to lounge areas
- On-site laundry facilities
- Linens (size twin XL)
- Laundry detergent and other cleaning supplies
- Plates, pots, and utensils
- Computer or laptop (optional)
- Mini-refrigerator (optional)