Bulletin boards are available for notices of Columbia movies, events, candidate statements, etc., in every building on most floors and in all public areas. The sponsoring group or individual should remove their posters when they are no longer valid. There is a limit of one posting per event, per bulletin board. Additional postings will be removed without notice.
Do not place flyers on walls, doors, door vision panels, elevators, or anywhere other than the bulletin boards. Flyers posted in these locations will be removed and discarded. In addition, do not post flyers on bulletin boards specifically reserved for use by the Office of Residential Life. There is a cleanup charge of $35 for violating posting rules. Bulletin boards are cleared weekly on Mondays by Facilities staff.
Terms and Conditions of Digital Screen Announcements
- Any event or initiative promoted must be approved by an organization's advisor.
- Any event hosted outside of Columbia’s residence halls must be open to all CUID students. Any event hosted within Columbia’s residence halls must be open at minimum to all residents of the building in which the event is held.
- Allow 2 to 3 business days for confirmation that an announcement has been approved.
- Announcements are batch uploaded on Fridays only. To be included in a Friday upload, announcements must be submitted no later than the preceding Monday at 12:00 noon.
- Submissions must be accompanied by a start and end date (up to a two-week maximum).
- Announcements should not contain any vulgarity, nudity, provocative images, images of alcohol or other drugs, or violence.
- Announcements should not contain copyrighted or trademarked materials without permission from their owners.
- Housing reserves the right to make decisions about what is and is not appropriate for posting and when a post will appear in the announcement rotation.
- Housing reserves the right to request edits to any files submitted.
- Each announcement will appear on the bottom right screen for approximately 7 seconds. Frequency is based on the number of slides scheduled.