A student who desires to terminate their Occupancy Agreement must submit notice to Columbia Housing. The resident will continue to be charged for occupancy until proper notification has been received by Columbia Housing, the premises have been vacated, the room/suite have been returned, and the requirements in Resident Responsibilities have been met (“effective date of cancellation”). Any such notice must be submitted via the online Housing Portal Cancellation step (see instructions below), by email or by Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested, to Columbia Housing, 2960 Broadway, MC 3004, New York, NY 10027.
- To cancel online go to the Housing Portal.
- In the Housing Portal, select “applications” in the upper left hand corner.
- After selecting “applications,” student may select the application they wish to cancel (e.g., Academic Year, summer).
- After selecting the application, scroll to “cancel application” in the right upper hand corner.
- Complete by signing and agreeing to the cancellation terms.